20 Gracechurch Street London
- Aviva and Atlas Capital Group
- Main Contractor:
- BAM Construction Ltd
- ORMS Architects Ltd
- Facade Contractor:
- BAM Construction (curtain wall and glazing)
Zrelmy (stone facade elements)
CTA Scope of services:
- Preparation of a Materials and Performance specification.
- A technical audit of the design details prepared by the specialist facade contractor.
- Witnessing of the cladding performance test.
- Quality audits of the site installation.
- Witness the site hose testing of completed elements.
This project is a refurbishment of the former Barclays Bank Headquarters in the City of London. The redevelopment of the lower four floors incorporates a new stone facade with bespoke window elements based around the Wicona suite of profiles and components. The facade scheme also includes unique bespoke bays of steel and aluminium structurally bonded glass boxes that project from the facade line. Internally, two new roof lights have been introduced; one to provide light to an office area at level 6, the other to provide natural lighting in to the central atrium at which includes a structurally bonded facade based on a proprietary stick curtain wall system.