150 Cheapside, London
- St Martins Property Investments Ltd
- Main Contractor:
- Carillion PLC
- Michael Aukett Architects Ltd
CTA Scope of services:
- Preparation of a Materials and Performance specification.
- A technical audit of the design details prepared by the specialist facade contractors.
- Witnessing of the cladding performance tests.
- Undertake Factory QA audits during the fabrication of the facade elements.
- Quality audits of the site installation.
- Witness the site hose testing of completed elements.
150 Cheapside is a landmark office development in the City of London opposite St Pauls Cathedral.
The nine storey reinforced concrete structure comprising of post tensioned slabs and insitu concrete columns is clad in a unitized glazed curtain walling system from levels 2 to 9 and stick curtain walling at ground and first floors. The glazed facade elements incorporate insulated spandrel zones clad in Portland stone.
The façade on this building is also equipped with a glazed Brise Soleil on the Foster Lane elevation comprising of blue laminated blue glass suspended from stainless steel brackets and tie rods. A similar arrangement is utilised on the St Martin Le Grand elevation however the laminated glass Brise Soleil panels are equipped with arrays of photovoltaic cells within the interlayer.
The south elevation of the building on Cheapside incorporates a ventilated passive twin skin wall which includes monolithic panes of low iron "white" glass suspended from stainless steel brackets and tie rods. An aluminum walkway separates the two layers which provide access for maintenance.